EAST MOLINE, Ill. (KWQC) – The East Moline Community Fund Committee has approved funding of $ 17,050 for 15 nonprofits in the area.
“The East Moline Community Fund Committee is honored to support the excellent work of these local nonprofits,” said President Connie Dowsett. “As an endowment fund, we are not only focused on helping those in need today, but we are providing an ongoing means of supporting the community through legacy donations. “
A scholarship ceremony will take place Wednesday afternoon at the Rust Belt.
The following grants have been approved:
- Child Abuse Council, $ 1,000 child protection program
- Children’s Therapy Center, $ 1,200 East Moline Children’s Therapy
- Dress for Success, $ 500 Career Center Support
- East Moline Main Street, $ 2,000 Tables and benches at Runner’s Park
- East Moline Soccer Club, $ 300 registration fee
- Gigi’s Playhouse, $ 500 Therapeutic and Educational Programs
- Glenview Middle School, $ 800 program support
- Habitat for Humanity, $ 1,000 in home repairs for residents of East Moline
- Homes and humility services, emergency shelter services of $ 1,500
- Junior Achievement of the Heartland, $ 750 East Moline Student Program Support
- Pregnancy resources, $ 500 early pregnancy tests and ultrasounds
- Rock Island Children’s Advocacy Center, $ 1,300 for forensic and advocacy interviews
- Spring Forward Learning Center, $ 2,500 education programs
- YMCA Two Rivers, $ 1,200 Ten Mentorship Program
- Youth Hope Christian Friendly, $ 2,000 Youth outreach programs
The East Moline Community Fund receives and administers charitable donations and works with citizens to achieve their dreams of improving the community.
Copyright 2021 KWQC. All rights reserved.