HIAS Ukraine is seeking to recruit 12 MHPSS Specialists who will be responsible for providing direct MHPSS services to refugees and IDPs in a timely and efficient manner. This position will also facilitate MHPSS capacity building activities for HIAS staff and key stakeholders. The responsibilities of the MHPSS Specialist will also include performing individual assessments, case management, and ensuring individuals receive the appropriate level of care. MHPSS Specialists will be required to track the impact of assistance provided to all clients and will work under the supervision of an MHPSS Officer.
- In close coordination with the MHPSS Officer, establish standard operating procedures for the provision of MHPSS support to refugees and IDPs.
- In close coordination with the MHPSS officer, develop a brief assessment to identify emergency psychosocial needs.
- Provide culturally sensitive MHPSS support (individual and group) to refugees and displaced people in distress, including children and young people, caregivers and other vulnerable people.
- Provide culturally appropriate PSS and positive parenting skills for parents and guardians.
- Conduct awareness of mental health and psychosocial services through evidence-based psychoeducation and skills building activities for HIAS and implementing partner
- Support community self-help groups and network with existing community structures and other partners for referral and networking purposes.
- In coordination with the MHPSS Officer, develop links with other service providers to promote quality referral pathways; establish appropriate referral mechanisms and ensure appropriate follow-up for vulnerable people.
- In coordination with the MHPSS Officer, provide crisis assessment, response and support to HIAS and implementing partners.
- Ensure adherence to case management and reporting requirements, including data protection and safeguard principles.
- Support the identification of training needs and ensure appropriate training is provided to frontline HIAS and Implementing Partner staff.
- Promote mental health and psychosocial support within affected communities using appropriate technical tools, trainings, leaflets, guidelines and other relevant materials.
- Assess, identify and analyze responsive community interventions aimed at building resilience and self-reliance.
- Provide periodic reports on MHPS services and client progress.
- Provide input for the review of current program services and explore ways to introduce new service interventions
- Other duties as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in psychology, sociology, social work, anthropology or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years working in MHPSS programming; preference for candidates who have previous experience providing direct services to vulnerable refugee and migrant populations in emergencies.
- Demonstrated experience in operationalizing MHPSS Global standards and principles, including knowledge of IASC and other international humanitarian standards for MHPSS programming.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients.
- Experience in capacity building, including facilitating diversity and inclusion, community training and outreach.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills required.
- Responsible, professional and honest.
- Ability to work with people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work effectively with teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian/Russian.
- Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office.
We are committed to a fair and respectful hiring process, and we do our best to respond to each candidate. We prioritize communication and transparency with all candidates, even those who do not advance. Here is an overview of our hiring process:
Step 1: Submit your application!
Step 2: Telephone screening with a HIAS recruiter.
Step 3: Video interview with hiring manager.
Step 4: Video interview with a panel of HIAS employees.
Step 5: Online reference check with SkillSurvey.
Step 6: Offer and background check with Shield Screening.
Step 7: Start your professional journey with HIAS!
Note: Some of our hiring processes may vary and not all applicants will progress through each stage.
Over a hundred years ago, the Jewish community founded HIAS (originally the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society) in New York, the gateway for immigrants to America. Supporting Jews fleeing persecution and poverty in Eastern Europe, our founders were guided by the traditions, texts and history of the Jewish people – a history of oppression, displacement and diaspora. HIAS has since helped generations of Jews who faced violence because of who they were, and HIAS remains committed to helping Jewish refugees everywhere. Today, our clients at HIAS come from diverse faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds, as do our staff. We bring our experience, history and values to our work on five continents, ensuring that today’s refugees receive the vital services and opportunities they need to thrive.
HIAS is a learning community, committed to diversity and inclusion. We do our work with integrity, accountability, transparency and commitment to the highest ethical standards. We are looking for employees from diverse backgrounds and life experiences to join our teams located in the United States and around the world. People who identify as BIPOC, people with disabilities, people from the LGBTQ+ community, and people with lived experiences of forced displacement or immigration are all encouraged to apply. We are committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects our vision, mission and values.
HIAS represents a world where refugees find welcome, safety and opportunity.
Drawing on our Jewish values and history, HIAS provides vital services to refugees and asylum seekers around the world and defends their fundamental rights so that they can rebuild their lives.
Welcome • Acogimiento • Hospitality • Hachnasat Orchim
We Welcome abroad
Justice • Justicia • Justice • Tzedek
We continue Justice
Empathy • Empatia • Empathy • Chesed
We approach our customers with Empathy
Partnership • Compañerismo • Cooperation • Chevruta
We believe in changing the world through Partnership
Courage • Coraje • Courage • Ometz
We act with Courage to build a better world
Resilience • Resiliencia • Resilience • Ruach
We adapt and thrive, continually demonstrating our Resilience
HIAS is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship status, creed religious, age, gender, gender, sexual orientation, physical disability, mental disability, health status, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, family status, pregnancy , childbirth, military status, protected veteran status, political orientation or other legally protected status.
How to register
MHPSS Specialist Lviv Ukraine – Careers at HIAS Inc. (hrmdirect.com)