On the heels of Deino Community Day, Pokemon GO returns to the Sinnoh region. This time around, Starly is in the spotlight, featured on July’s Community Day.
As always, there will be buffs in effect, a special move, and more. For all the details on Starly Community Day, read on!
Did you know that Staraptor is a pretty decent attacker, especially against Pokémon weak to Flying-type moves? To dig deeper into type matchups, check out our Pokemon GO Type Chart!
July Pokemon GO Community Day: Start Date and Time
Starly Community Day in Pokemon GO will take place on Sunday, July 17 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. local time.
A special Raid window will also be in effect after the event window ends, but we’ll have more on that later.
While Starly Community Day ends at 2 p.m., you can still evolve Staravia for a special move for up to five hours after. This means you have 11am to 7pm to get the special attack.
July Pokemon GO Community Day: Special Moves
As a fairly decent Flying-type attacker, Staraptor will be formidable with a good Flying-type move. Luckily, Starly Community Day comes with a special new exclusive move for Staraptor: Gust. Evolve a Staravia between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. for a Staraptor who knows this move!
Gust is a fast move that has power 16 in PvP and 25 in PvE.
July Pokemon GO Community Day: Bonuses
Several bonuses will be in effect during the window from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Starly will spawn in significant numbers and her Shiny form will be available
- 2x catch candies
- 3x catch XP
- Double chance to get Starly XL Candy when catching Starly
- Incense and Decoys activated during the event will last for three hours
- 5 photobombed shots
- An additional special trade can be made during the event or up to five hours after
- Trading during and up to five hours after the event will cost 50% less Stardust
- If trainers catch enough Pokémon with the same lure, the 3x catch XP bonus will increase to 4x for 30 minutes for catching Pokémon near that same PokeStop.
- Event-themed stickers will be available from Gifts, the In-Game Store, and PokeStops
July Pokemon GO Community Day: Four-Star Staravia Raids
From 2 p.m. (when the event ends) until 7 p.m., Staravia will appear in four-star Raids. By defeating one of these raids, you can spawn more stars near the gym for 30 minutes.
The rest of the event bonuses do not apply during this time, but the Starly Boost does. It’s a great way to grab a few extra candies or search for a Starly with better stats.
To note: Remote Raid Passes cannot be used for these Raids.
July Pokemon GO Community Day: Special Research
For US$1 or the equivalent in your local currency, you can get a special search ticket in the days leading up to Starly Community Day. This series of Special Research quests will lead to encounters with Starly family members, items, and more.
This time, the Special Research is titled “Field Notes: Starly”.